The Children’s Health Network Contact Center has an award-winning nurse triage and answering service established in 1996 to guide patient families to the appropriate level of care. Telephone triage has proven to be a critical component of demand–management healthcare systems, and has reduced both out-of-pocket expenses and ED visits.
Contact Center services
Subscribers benefit from the Contact Center, whose mission is to optimize access to healthcare for children, adults, & families by providing the most innovative and exceptional healthcare contact center experience.
- Available 24/7/365.
- Nurses licensed in Minnesota, California, Wisconsin, and West Virginia.
- Nurses have an average of 18 years of experience.
- Serves a wide variety of clinics, patients, and specialty groups.
- Over 1.5 million nurse triage calls completed, with no negative outcomes attributed to care advice & disposition.
- Leadership are AAACN members, with AAACN tools implemented.
- Clinical oversight by our medical director, a community pediatrician.
- In addition to following guidelines, nurses use interview strategies and critical thinking to ensure a comprehensive assessment.
Medical Call Center Answering Service
Patient representatives provide answering services for after hours and during business hours so clinic staff can be covered for meetings, in-services, and other outages. They also facilitate communication between clinic staff, as well as between patient families and providers based on clinic protocols.
- Answers calls live 24/7 for over 80 clinician groups.
- Determines the caller’s needs and follows clinic specific directives and protocols.
- Provides emergency backup for unscheduled closures and high volume overflow.
- On-call schedule management.
- Customized scripting and paging formats.
Children’s Physician Access is the 24/7, live connection to the expertise and assistance within Children’s system for health care professionals.